1. A contract will be binding between SHIRLAWS LIMITED. (hence referred to as SHIRLAWS) and the customer upon the completion of a booking for service or any other repair.
2. If you place an order via the phone or internet or in person you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old
3 .SHIRLAWS will provide details of the cost of servicing and repairs required before the work is carried out. By signing your job card you authorise SHIRLAWS to the spend limit stated. Any estimate given for such work will be valid for a period of 28 days.
4. If the bike service or repair cannot be done within 1 day due to circumstances beyond SHIRLAWS control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or available, or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All prices are subject to VAT.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle service. These may have an additional charge and an. SHIRLAWS advisor will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturer’s specification ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. Once works have been completed payment will be required either by debit or credit card, cash or, if held, a local account. The bike will then be returned to the customer.
9. SHIRLAWS do not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at the dealership.
10. The customer has the right to cancel a booking at any time.
10a the customer is also responsible for any parts which are ordered at their request (special orders) should they decide to not continue with the repair. We may request payment in advance for special order parts.
11. Our Collection & Delivery service is free, within a specified radius. Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances and the exigencies of the dealership.
11 a. Insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by SHIRLAWS will normally be covered by SHIRLAWS insurance. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of the excess on the insurance.
11 b. the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy held by SHIRLAWS. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car or driver, SHIRLAWS will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance.
11 c. The customer will be responsible for any fuel used whilst the vehicle is in their care
11 d. SHIRLAWS may recover courtesy bike costs should the customer decide not to go ahead with the work after a loan car has been provided
11 e. SHIRLAWS reserve the right to make an administration charge for the duration the vehicle is in the customer’s possession, vehicles are loaned to the customer for use inside the UK mainland only, any courtesy vehicle must not be removed from the UK without written consent of SHIRLAWS.
11 f. The customer will be liable for the courtesy bike under all sections of the road traffic act and any fines, penalties or costs incurred in relation to motoring or civil offences and charges. SHIRLAWS reserve the right to recover costs incurred in processing penalty notices.
12. SHIRLAWS will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by SHIRLAWS employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury.
13. SHIRLAWS will not be responsible for any loss of items left in the vehicle. Please remove all valuable items before departing the premises.
14. SHIRLAWS will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are attributable to “an act of God”, “industrial action”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out with the control of SHIRLAWS.
14a Every Care will be taken whilst working on your vehicle to provide you with the highest standards of workmanship, SHIRLAWS, will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred due to breakages, whether that is mechanical or electrical or software related when the damage caused was unavoidable due to natural wear and tear to the vehicle which was present but not always visible prior to the commencement of any work.
15. SHIRLAWS will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, SHIRLAWS will notify the customer accordingly.
16. Payment for all Goods, Services, and parts supplied is due on completion of work. All Goods and/or Services shall remain the absolute and unencumbered property of the Company until such time as payment is made in full. Cheques will not be accepted
18. Lien on property. SHIRLAWS reserve the right to retain your vehicle until such time as payment is made in full.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER
These terms and conditions are subject to change and updates from time to time.
Shirlaws Ltd is registered in Scotland under company number: SC134694. Registered office address: Ker-An House Wellington Circle, Altens, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, AB12 3JG
Shirlaws Ltd (FRN - 428451) is an appointed representative of The Compliance Guys Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN - 941360). We act as a credit broker, not a lender. We work with a number of carefully selected credit providers who may be able to offer you finance for your purchase. (Written Quotation available upon request). Whichever lender we introduce you to, we will typically receive a commission from them (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow), this will not affect the rate you are offered or the amount you will pay back. The lenders we work with could pay commissions at different rates. All finance is subject to status and income. Terms and conditions apply. Applicants must be 18 years or over. We are only able to offer finance products from these providers.
Shirlaws Ltd are registered with the Information Commissioners Office under the registration number: ZA079988